Re: How to get started

Hi,

> I'm interested in getting apt working under win32.
>
> It seems Mark Paulus already got it working (
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-win32/2003/debian-win32-200302/msg00003.html
> )
>
> Is his port available somewhere?
>
> Is there any repository with .deb packages for win32
> already?

I've had an impression that Windows does not allow overwriting of
files when files are in use, making dpkg essentially impossible.

Windows applications use the chance of rebooting to copy files
that are previously used; thus dpkg and apt will probably
need to use Windows reboots to get applications upgraded.

I am not informed of any activity, but maybe I haven't been
reading enough lists.

regards,
	junichi