Re: CALL FOR HELP : Porting to windows from Debian GNU/Linux Mingw32, status report http://introspector.sourceforge.net/dia_win32.htm

> > Using dpkg-architecture,
> > and adding support for the mingw32 port,
> > and adding conditional portions to debian/rules to cross-build for
> > some
> > architectures would be recommended and well-known way to go, but
> > I don't know if that's the way you are taking.
>
> I have not been able to figure out how to get the diffs running like
> you have. Or at least the commands to package them.
>
> Can you give me some pointers on how to handle these items?

dpkg-source will check for existence of

../package_upstream-version.orig.tar.gz
when it is being invoked, and will switch modes depending on that.

For example, for glib-mingw32-2.0 package version 2.0.1-6, you can have

glib-mingw32-2.0_2.0.1.orig.tar.gz

and it will create

glib-mingw32-2.0_2.0.1-6.diff.gz
glib-mingw32-2.0_2.0.1-6.dsc

> I have had problems with the dpkg as it is, because i want to install
> the packages on top of the current system and run them with wine. If i
> change the architecture, then it is hard to install them..

Okay, I see what you mean.

It might be better to use a different architecture, and
maintain it through chroots, but current system you are
taking should probably work also. (it might be nice
to switch to using architectures when Debian/mingw is
self-hosting).

regards,
	junichi