Re: [Dev-C++] Compiling cygwin

Le Jeudi 9 Mai 2002 23:52, Robert Collins a écrit :
> I don't understand this. All of the above is trivial with the cygwin
> setup.exe tool. It's nearly 100% data driven, and certainly can be
> forked and rebranded easily. (See
> http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/setup.html). But if you want to
> make a new wheel, go ahead.

Cygwin setup.exe has no dependency checking :
- between Cygwin packages,
- between a package and cygwin.dll.

Therefore, you cannot just install PostgreSQL and the required packages
easily. Furthermore, Cygwin does not allow the installation of Windows native
packages, i.e. Apache 2.0.

Therefore, I think a possible solution would be migrating dpkg to native
Windows using mingw, then create a W32/Debian Cygwin package (=get rid of
this horrible setup.exe) and work on Perl installation scripts like fink.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel POURE