Getting the port going. I'd like to help...

I myself dislike the thought of having to use windows, but have friends
who would like an easy introduction to some kind of POSIX environment.
I'd like to offer my time for testing and working on an easy installer.
I'm afraid I'm not that familiar with windows.  I left it behind a little
over a year ago.  Are there any links I can follow to find what is ready
to go so I can see what else needs to be done?  This looks like an
exciting project, especially if I can setup Windows machines as X servers.

Shaun Kruger