Re: Getting a package added to the debian package repository: WACS

Hi Beaky,

I've absolutly no problem with adult content as long as the models don't have
any problems producing it.
But I've problems with inappropriate software design. From a first glance at
your code I find for example trunk > manage > wacssetmgr:
http://wacsip.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/wacsip/trunk/manage/wacssetmgr

<code>
   89           print "<h1 align=center>ERROR:</h1>\n";
   90 			print "<h2 align=center>Set Number ".
   91 				$cgihandle->param('setno').
   92 				" Not Found.</h2>\n";
   93 			print "<p>\n";
   94 			print "<center>\n";
   95 			print "<a href=\"".conf_get_attr("server","wacsmain").
   96 				"\">";
   97 			print "Back to WACS Main Menu</a>\n";
   98 			print "</center>\n";
</code>

- mixing of program code and presentation
- bad HTML style:
  - align=center misses quotes
  - it should better be style="..."
  - it would be much better in a separate CSS file
- smell of code duplication (shouldn't there be a central place to format
error messages?
- No possibility to hook in internationalization
- Five levels of "if" in this file

These are the problems found after less then 5 minutes of search. I've not yet
tested the resistence of the application against common vulnerabilities like
XSS attacks.
Please don't take this personaly, but I dare to question the benefit for
Debian users of having this application in the archive.

No harm intended,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro