Re: webapps running as plain user instead of www-data ?

On 18/05/2010 03:53, Paul Wise wrote:
> I would have thought per-site/per-customer users would be more useful
> for quota and limiting modifications than what web apps you happen to
> be running, especially for something like wordpress, phpmyadmin or
> phpbb, which might be run on many sites.

Indeed, though i did not want to scare people with my naming abilities :)
Let's say
www_<webapp>_<instance>
?

I had a brief thought about that way :
user : webapp instance name
group : webapp name
but i can't see any advantage of doing this...
maybe it's cleaner, though.

webapps-common policy would only *propose* such names.

Jérémy.