Re: CDBS and Pear packages

> Also I think the *.reg files are very evil as far as the administrator can
> easly call `pear install' or `pear upgrade-all' and break the system.

That strikes me as a policy decision. Given that, does anyone disagree
here, or should we go and wipe out the *.reg files? If we do get rid of
them, then we should do so for all Pear packages (including php4-pear).
We should also set the default pear directories to be outside of
/usr/share/php.

The only thing that bothers me, and I don't use Pear enough to know
whether or not this is a real issue, is that when installing non-Debian
Pear packages, it seems to me that it would be nice to be able to use a
Debian Pear package to meet a dependency.

Isn't a similar problem faced with cpan? Does anybody know how it is
dealt with there?

Charles

--
For shaving comfort