Re: php package sponsorship

hi penny,

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 10:43:34AM +1200, Penny Leach wrote:
> I apologise if this has been covered, I searched tfa and didn't find
> anything :)
>
> Do we have an example package that makes use of best practice/draft
> policy?  Currently I'm looking for something to use as an example,
> preferably something that allows for
>
> a) using mysql OR postgres OR ....
> b) the database being on a remote host
> c) the web application wanting to write (and rewrite) it's own config
> file, including database credentials

a, b, and half of c (the database credentials) are all taken care of
by dbconfig-common, which ships with documentation and example
packages.  checkit out if you haven't already.

wrt web server config, there's a work in progress in the webapps-common
cvs directory, but i wouldn't call it presentable just yet, as i think
there are yet a few bugs and no documentation.

	sean