Re: PEAR policy recommendations

> As for section 2.2, Uwe's dh-make-php uses the following command to
> install the pear package:
>
>     pear install --nodeps -R $(CURDIR)/debian/$(PACKAGE_NAME) package.xml

Reading "pear help install", this install mechanism is specifically
recommended for "testing, or for wrapping a PEAR package in
another package manager such as RPM."

I did, however, notice that the package.xml file must be in the same
directory as the package files. Perhpas this is best accomplished by
symlinking package.xml, and then modifying the install command to be
something like:

   pear install --nodeps -R debian/php-pager Pager-2.3.3/package.xml

One other minor thing, is it really correct to remove the .registry
directory? As far as I can tell, that should actually be maintained.

Charles

--
Shaving brush
Was like