PHP PEAR packages

Hi,

I recently filed two ITPs for PHP PEAR packages (bugs #315366 and
#315368). In order to figure out how to create these packages I looked
at several current PEAR packages (php-file, php-mail-mime, php-auth,
php-date), and then tried to extract the packaging principles used in
each.

I then stumbled accross the following two PEAR packaging
assistants/guides:

   http://pear-package.alioth.debian.org/
   http://www.madism.org/debian.pear.php

I breifly discussed these options with Piotr on bug #294061, and he
recommended the discussion of this subject on this list.

It seems to me that Debian should have either some very clear
guidelines/templates for packaging PEAR packages, and/or a utility such
as pear-package to do the standard work for you.

Thoughts?

Charles

--
Fisherman!