Re: Depend on mysql-client for lamp web application

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 12:50:19PM +0200, Uwe Steinmann wrote:
> I wonder if it addresses a problem I'm currently having with pgsql.
> Just creating a new pgsql user, isn't enough for accessing the database,
> because a fresh pgsql installation does only allow system users to access
> database with the same name (ident sameuser).

currently, to work in the default scenario you would have to either:

a) create a system user before calling the dbconfig-common scripts
b) use a common account as the dbuser

which isn't so bad, really.  for example, if you're using a web
application you're probably going to have to use www-data as the
user after all, which will work out of the box with the default
pgsql configuration..

at a later time i may introduce some configuration file mangling for
pg_hba.conf, but i'd prefer to hold of on that until there's a working
version already present in sid.

	sean