Re: Providing VHosts with mod_env

hi alexis,

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 03:27:38PM +0200, Alexis Sukrieh wrote:
> Thanks to a patch submitted by Yann Dirson, I started working on the
> idea of using mod_env for giving configuration keys to the package.

this is an interesting approach.  when i have some free time (which
won't be for another week and a half) i'll take a closer look at how
you're implementing this.

>     `/etc/bugzilla-host' where `host' is the name of your virtual host.

as someone else mentioned, putting all this under /etc/bugzilla/ would
probably be a cleaner approach.

>     possible, just copy `/usr/share/bugzilla/template' to
>     `/usr/share/bugzilla/template-X_BUGZILLA_SITE' and apply your changes there.
>     Take care to make this directory readable by www-data.

>     Also, take care to keep sane permissions to your /etc/bugzilla-* directories (should
>     be readable by www-data).

instead of using /usr/share, they should be directed to use something
outside of /usr's (thus dpkg)'s domain.  and instead of saying "take
care to make this directory readable by www-data", you might want to
say something like "take care to preserve permissions when you copy the
files", as there may be trickier permissions/ownership related issues
too.

	sean