Re: PHP library location

hi pierre,

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 11:33:55AM +0100, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> I disagree, you can do that :
>
>  (1) do the change to the package with put note in NEWS.Debian and
>      upload it
>  (2) create important (RC when there will be a policy) every reverse
>      dependency of the package, and create a RC bug on your package
>      depending upon those.
>
> IMHO this is the good way to do that.

but giving advance notice never hurts, nor does leaving around a symlink
for a bit, right?  i don't believe these are mutually exclusive ideas.

for me this comes from personal experience, when all of a sudden one of
the packages i maintain broke, because adodb moved location and noone
ever told me until the bug reports started coming in.

	sean