Re: docs updated, working copy of php draft now available online

> >         4.1.2: "XXX: does this conflict with piotr's recommendation for
> >             having pear work only in /usr/local?": yes, but I think that
> >             he is wrong about that. ;-)
>
> I want to install a few PEAR packages by `pear install'. How to do it without
> mess in /usr/share/php directory? What about upgrades from pear.php.net which
> overrides system files in /usr/share/php?

Well, I went back and reread this entire thread, and I guess I had
partially misunderstood some of the propositions. With the better
understanding that I have now, I am in complete agreement with Piotr.

As a result, here are my new comments about the PHP Policy Draft:

   4.1.2: Instead, this should read "PHP PEAR library packages must not
   register and unregister themselves in the pear package management
   system. On the other hand, 'pear install -R DIR package.xml' can
   [should?] be called from 'debian/rules'."

Another implication of this (if I correctly understand Piotr) is that
Pear modules should not include any .registry files. Is that correct?

Comments?

Charles

--
Film protects