Re: next steps with webapps-common development

* sean finney (seanius@debian.org) disait :
> so... that's where things are.  after i draft up an initial list of
> questions, i'll post them to the list for ocmments/suggestions/additions.

Great to read that.

May I point my finger on the VirtualHost issue? Do you think that this
would require such debconf questions as well?

I'm thinking of something like:

  - "Do you want to enable this package under a virtual host?"
  - "Enter the name of the virtual host (default: $package.hostname)"

I think you get the idea ;)

With the mod_env trick, that's pretty easy to do.
Everything postinst will have to do is to provide a VirtualHost
configuration file (if the package supports a way to set a specific
configuraiton path through an environment variable).

For more details, take a look at the last bugzilla package uploaded
(2.18-7).

Cheers.

--

 - Alexis Sukrieh