Re: What about static web pages that are periodically updated?

Le Dim 15 Mai 2005 20:21, Tore Anderson a écrit :
>   One of my packages, Munin, dynamically create or update a tree of
>  static HTML and PNG files every five minutes.  These aren't precious
> in any way, there's no data loss if you delete all of them - they'll
> simply be recreated the next time the update process runs.
>
>   The current policy draft does not seem to have any suggestion for
>  placement of this kind of files, it only says static files should go
> in /usr/share but this doesn't suit my application as the files are
> changed all the time.  They need to go under /var somewhere, the best
> location is probably /var/cache but I'll leave it up to you to decide
> on that.

this has to go in /var/cache since it's :
 * variable
 * not vital to the app (if you delete them the app still works)

You only have to read the FHS, it's really clear on how to use :

  /var/{lib,cache,spool}/$package

and for your case, there is really no hesitation to have.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit
··O