What about static web pages that are periodically updated?

  One of my packages, Munin, dynamically create or update a tree of
 static HTML and PNG files every five minutes.  These aren't precious in
 any way, there's no data loss if you delete all of them - they'll
 simply be recreated the next time the update process runs.

  The current policy draft does not seem to have any suggestion for
 placement of this kind of files, it only says static files should go in
 /usr/share but this doesn't suit my application as the files are
 changed all the time.  They need to go under /var somewhere, the best
 location is probably /var/cache but I'll leave it up to you to decide
 on that.

  Anyway I hope you'll fill this hole in the current draft before it
 becomes official policy.

Thanks,
--
Tore Anderson