Re: templates, static documents, and plugins

> > e.g, we could say that a webapp that uses a SGDB has to provide :
> >
> > db_create
> > db_delete
> > db_save
> > db_restore
> > db_upgrade
>
> why should the webapp have to provide that functionality?  that would
> be quite a bit of duplicated effort.  plus, as previously discussed
> we shouldn't be spending any time worrying about the database related
> issues here, as that's already taken care of for the most part.

for that part (or the db_* one), if this is possible, I'm conviced we
can provide sensible defaults, and that the packager would only have to
ovveride, or inherit from those, and only hooks what he needs here.

a bit like cdbs works e.g.

do you see my point ?

but for plugins e.g. those are sooooo different, that this is really
possible that no sensible default would be found. or maybe we can
escape with 'classes' like cdbs does.

NB: I speak of cdbs, but I hate makefiles, it's only for the big
picture.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit
··O