Re: Web applications specific issues

> True, but this goes for any crappy software and is not specific to
> web applications. Perhaps there are more that are crappy, but if you
> think this kind of policy is needed you should try to implement it in
> some kind of general way, also imposing restrictions on other
> packages.

maybe that'd be good. e.g: I can't understand how we can have packages
that have 'comparison between signed and unsigned ints' warnings at
compile time.

> I'm wondering if this is a concrete problem or just a theoretical
> one? I'm aware that for example openwebmail was packaged which is a
> security nightmare, but that has been dealt with and the package will
> be removed. Isn't the current practice sufficient?

I prefer prevent than deal with.

> > if there is some minimalistic requirements, I really believe we can
> > drastically reduce the possibility for such problems to arise.
>
> Another problem here is the question who can or should enforce these
> problems.

QA team, ftp-masters, the 'tech comitee' or whatever the name of that
team is, ...

and even if a not compliant app is packaged, filling an RC bug against
it will prevent it to enter any frozen distribution. and anyone can
open an RC bug.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit
··O