Re: incoming.d.o is *very* slow or even times out

On Sun, Aug 13, 2023 at 04:22:50PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Aurelien,

> incoming.d.o is not really the area of the wb-team, but let me answer
> you with my DSA hat.

thanks.

> > A side-effect of this issue is that dep-wait might not ensure a recent
> > enough version is actually used during the build.
>
> Should we temporarily disable incoming.d.o on the buildds?

Completely disabling incoming.d.o means nothing will enter Needs-Build
in the 6 hour intervals between dinstall runs, but IMHO that would be
better than the current situation.

> static.d.o is currently DOSed by IPs from DigitalOcean. We are trying to
> blacklist them as fast are new ones are used, but so far the load on the
> mirrors doesn't go down.

If it cannot be resolved soonish, what about announcing a temporary
block of all DigitalOcean IPs (perhaps with some whitelisting)?

Not a nice option, but it would reduce the set of machines for whom it
is basically unusable from "all" to "all DigitalOcean IPs".

> Cheers
> Aurelien

cu
Adrian