Re: incoming.d.o is *very* slow or even times out

Hi,

incoming.d.o is not really the area of the wb-team, but let me answer
you with my DSA hat.

On 2023-08-13 16:41, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a problem that has already happend in recent days but is exceptionally
> frequent today are buildd timeouts from incoming.d.o, e.g.[1]
>   Could not connect to incoming.debian.org:443 (2603:400a:ffff:bb8::801f:3e), connection timed out Could not connect to incoming.debian.org:443 (128.31.0.62), connection timed out
>
> I can reproduce timeouts and very slow responses from my desktop:
>
> $ date; lynx -dump https://incoming.debian.org/ >/dev/null; date
> Sun 13 Aug 16:31:17 EEST 2023
> Sun 13 Aug 16:32:25 EEST 2023
> $ date; lynx -dump http://incoming.debian.org/ >/dev/null; date
> Sun 13 Aug 16:35:29 EEST 2023
> Sun 13 Aug 16:35:49 EEST 2023
> $ date; lynx -dump http://incoming.debian.org/ >/dev/null; date
> Sun 13 Aug 16:36:26 EEST 2023
>
> Looking up incoming.debian.org
> Making HTTP connection to incoming.debian.org
> Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host.
>
> lynx: Can't access startfile http://incoming.debian.org/
> Sun 13 Aug 16:38:37 EEST 2023
> $

static.d.o is currently DOSed by IPs from DigitalOcean. We are trying to
blacklist them as fast are new ones are used, but so far the load on the
mirrors doesn't go down.

> A side-effect of this issue is that dep-wait might not ensure a recent
> enough version is actually used during the build.

Should we temporarily disable incoming.d.o on the buildds?

Cheers
Aurelien

aurelien@aurel32.net                     http://aurel32.net