Re: Arch qualification for buster: call for DSA, Security, toolchain concerns

* Paul Gevers:

>  * Concern for armel and armhf: only secondary upstream support in GCC
>    (Raised by the GCC maintainer; carried over from stretch and buster)

glibc upstream lately has trouble finding qualified persons to
implement security fixes for the 32-bit Arm architecture.

>  * Concern for mips, mips64el, mipsel and ppc64el: no upstream support
>    in GCC; Debian carries patches in binutils and GCC that haven't been
>    integrated upstream even after a long time.
>    (Raised by the GCC maintainer; carried over from stretch and buster)

I think I said this the last time, but the claim that there is no GCC
upstream support for ppc64le in GCC or binutils does not appear to be
grounded in fact. 8-/