Re: Please give back golang-github-pelletier-go-toml

Hi,

On 10/07/17 20:46, Dr. Tobias Quathamer wrote:
> Dear wanna-build team,
>
> the build for golang-github-pelletier-go-toml failed on mips and mipsel,
> I suspect that it might be a temporary problem, as the build for another
> package which failed with the same error (waitid: bad address) has now
> succeeded. Could we try again, please?
>
> gb golang-github-pelletier-go-toml_1.0.0-1 . mips mipsel

Given back for now, however this is in fact a kernel bug - #867358

The bug is that the indirect syscall handler on 32-bit MIPS (ie using
the syscall function instead of invoking the syscall directory) is
broken for syscalls which accept > 4 arguments and are restartable. It
just happens that gccgo uses waitid (which is an affected syscall)
indirectly. I don't know anything other than gccgo which is affected by
this.

Due to the nature of the bug, waitid will fail if and only if it is
interrupted by a signal. Unfortunately this means your package is going
to randomly fail to build on mips until the kernel bug is fixed.

James