Re: Supporting armel/armhf in wheezy-lts

El 25/04/16 a las 02:07, Luca Filipozzi escribió:
> On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 09:55:10AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > Do you have some concrete suggestions?
>
> Decrease the separation by moving the funds management into Debian proper (via
> a TO like SPI) and move to a bounty model for working on LTS.  Make sure we're
> transparent with our language regarding Debian being produced by volunteers
> (eg: "The Debian Project consists of volunteers, and our products are developed
> entirely by volunteers." on [1]) by commenting on how bounties are available
> (or something).  Consider making LTS management a delegated team.
>
> OR
>
> Increase the separation by removing the fundraising statements / links from the
> LTS pages previously mentioned, making Freexian just another consultancy listed
> on the consultancy pages.
>
> None of this is meant to diminish or tarnish the very significant contribution
> that you or Freexian are making, which are both extensive and impressive.  I'm
> seeking greater definition of the role and the language used.

As a Debian LTS paid contributor, I would disagree to get money from
Debian own funds or directly by Debian in exchange of a my work. And
this is for any of my work on the project. I agree with the consultancy
model and I obviously support the Freexian umbrella, which I think is
highly valuable.
So if the LTS Funding statement is not clear enough, I prefer to
increase the separation in https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Funding.

Thanks for bringing this up!

From the other side, what about armel/armhf LTS support? No objecting
voices?