Re: Supporting armel/armhf in wheezy-lts

On Monday, April 25, 2016 02:07:01 AM Luca Filipozzi wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 09:55:10AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > Do you have some concrete suggestions?
>
> Decrease the separation by moving the funds management into Debian proper
> (via a TO like SPI) and move to a bounty model for working on LTS.  Make
> sure we're transparent with our language regarding Debian being produced by
> volunteers (eg: "The Debian Project consists of volunteers, and our
> products are developed entirely by volunteers." on [1]) by commenting on
> how bounties are available (or something).  Consider making LTS management
> a delegated team.
>
> OR
>
> Increase the separation by removing the fundraising statements / links from
> the LTS pages previously mentioned, making Freexian just another
> consultancy listed on the consultancy pages.
>
> None of this is meant to diminish or tarnish the very significant
> contribution that you or Freexian are making, which are both extensive and
> impressive.  I'm seeking greater definition of the role and the language
> used.
>
> [1]: https://www.debian.org/devel/join/

Any suggestions on how to get that done in the next two days before wheezy-lts
starts?  It might be a bit more practical to defer the idea of completely
changing the LTS program to a moment when there's a bit more time (maybe
Debconf).

So far, I don't think anyone has specifically objected to the addition of
armel/armhf.

Scott K