Re: Builds taking far too long

On 07/24/2016 02:42 PM, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> mksh seems installed now, various logs show:
>   Build needed 00:02:29, 16240k disc space
>   Build needed 00:02:37, 13340k disc space
>   Build needed 00:04:14, 17736k disc space
>
> Those builds started past 20:00 UTC, so I suspect whatever happened at
> the time was fixed or so, and mksh built normally afterwards.

It appears so. Still weird, because it happened across all
architectures, including all ports (even those that don't have
dietlibc).

> mksh/experimental was uploaded but dak says REJECT, presumably because
> dpkg --compare-versions mksh_52c-2+b1 '<<' mksh_52c-2exp3+b1 fails
> (while it's OK for their non-binNMU counterparts).

Oh, I didn't think of that. I've Cc'd Thorsten Glaser because of
this.

@Thorsten: because of the dietlibc security upgrade, I requested
binNMUs of all affected packages (including mksh), but because
your naming scheme for the experimental version the binNMU in
unstable now supersedes experimental. (I didn't think of that
before I requested the binNMUs.) Could you re-upload the
experimental package with a different version number (for example
52c-2+exp3) that doesn't clash with binNMUs, so that the security
issue gets fixed also in experimental? Thanks!

> util-vserver looks installed everywhere.

Yes, except x32, where it FTBFS, but that's not new, and a
bug in util-vserver.

Thanks for looking into this!

Regards,
Christian