Re: Adding sparc to Debian Ports

    > Plus, Oracle is still actively maintaining the Linux SPARC
    > port [4], so I think we have the ideal prerequisites for
    > reviving the port.

    The webpage you link says "Linux for SPARC is a pure 64-bit operating
    system and can only work on a 64-bit SPARC CPU". It is clearly a way to
    improve the Debian sparc64 port, but not really a way to improve the
    sparc one.

To clarify: the Linux for SPARC released by Oracle is a sparc64 distro
with multilib support to build and execute V8PLUS 32 bit binaries.