Adding sparc to Debian Ports

Dear FTP team and dear buildd team!

As discussed at DebConf15, I would like to ask you to add 'sparc'
(SPARC 32-bit port)to Debian Ports after it was previously removed from
the release architecture.

After a fruitful discussion on the debian-sparc mailing list [1],
we have come to the conclusion that there are enough people willing
to invest time, effort and resources in resurrecting the sparc
ports of Debian. While we already have sparc64 in ports, sparc (32)
runs on more hardware and has more packages which are actually
ported to sparc. For example, mozjs builds fine on sparc32 but
FTBFS on sparc64.

Moreover, several people [2-3] have also offered fast SPARC machines
as buildds which they are hosting themselves so we are not
dependent on any of the older, half-broken Debian SPARC
machines. So hardware won't be an issue.

Plus, Oracle is still actively maintaining the Linux SPARC
port [4], so I think we have the ideal prerequisites for
reviving the port.

I will take care of setting up the buildds and all, I just need
to have 'sparc' added on the FTP servers as well in wanna-build.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help in
the process.

Thanks,
Adrian

> [1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2015/09/msg00004.html [2]