Re: schroeder and lebrun EOL - decomission

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 08:57:17 +0200, Josip Rodin wrote
> On Sun, Oct 04, 2015 at 09:43:04AM +0200, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> > John Paul Adrian Glaubitz schrieb am Sonntag, dem 04. Oktober 2015:
> >
> > > Where are those machines hosted at the moment and would it be possible
> > > to keep them at their current place but hand the administration to the
> > > people working on the sparc/sparc64 ports?
> > >
> > > I would love to set them up as buildds for Debian ports.
> >
> > The machines have broken disks so their raids have failed.  And the
> > mgmt stuff is complaining about CPU and/or other fans too.
> >
> > I don't think you'd want those machines.

I have a T2000 as a "hot spare". We can fire it up and give access to it if
DSA wants, or we can give access to "people working on the sparc/sparc64
ports" while it's still hosted here.
AFAIK it has 8GB ram, two working ~73G sff sas hdds, an optical drive, 4xGbit
eth, and a working management. And it has T1 Naigara cpu (executes the SPARC
V9 instruction set).
AFAIK It has a virtualization support ( this works somehow with a solaris
hypervisor, and works with linux guests, but I think the machine is too small
to utilize this ).
We can also add some backup space (on a slow nas with rsync, etc.).

But as I can see there is sompek and stadler still running...

It' a little bit noisy, but still works well.
If I turn it on, I will not hear anything from it because there is an SGI UV
1000 in that room :D

I have a machine like schroeder, but that's still in use (armed to the teeth).

HARKA Győző
PTE-TTK SzSzK vez.h.