Re: concerns about the state of buildds for jessie

On 2015-02-12 13:02, Holger Levsen wrote:
Possible avenues include updating the forks and working on making the forks
no longer necessary.
are these forks maintained in VCSs?

http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/buildd-tools/sbuild.git/log/?h=buildd-0.64

Historically forks have been needed because fixes in stable are hard. If stuff breaks in testing or unstable you usually need to fix it quicker than with a point release. A point could be made that the changes should be pushed to stable instead.

As far as I know there's also still no builddadm-maintainable puppet tree. (Partly my fault I acknowledge, because I hoped to be able to do rabbitmq, but failed working against a black box I don't understand.) If we could ship the relevant helper scripts through Puppet (and unify configuration) we could also make most of the fork moot and just cherry-pick new versions from testing.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern