Re: build profiles support of buildd infrastructure

On 2014-02-25 10:49, Johannes Schauer wrote:
Quoting Adam D. Barratt (2014-02-25 11:35:37)
> The more general issue is that you need dpkg in stable to support them.
>
> A lot of Debian infrastructure that touches source packages runs on
> stable (for fairly obvious reasons) and expects things like
> "dpkg-source -x" o just work[tm].

Debian testing already includes dpkg (>> 1.17.2) so dpkg should support the
required bits in jessie.

Indeed, and I see one of your later mails has now clarified that you're trying to get support ready for jessie. I'd (apparently incorrectly) assumed that you were trying to get the field supported /before/ the jessie release.

Regards,

Adam