Re: build profiles support of buildd infrastructure

On 2014-02-25 10:31, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
On 2014-02-25 9:55, Johannes Schauer wrote:
with dpkg 1.17.2 we now have support for build profiles in dpkg. Build profiles allow to enable or disable dependencies and build or not build binary packages when one or more build profiles are activated. For build dependencies this
looks like this:

    Build-Depends: foo, bar-doc <!profile.stage1>
[...]
Before packages with above syntax can be uploaded, we have to make sure that
wanna-build, dak and sbuild support them.

The more general issue is that you need dpkg in stable to support them.

A lot of Debian infrastructure that touches source packages runs on
stable (for fairly obvious reasons) and expects things like
"dpkg-source -x" o just work[tm].

Replying to myself, I'm not sure extracting the package actually cares about the syntax of Build-Depends. Lots of other things will though, like pbuilder and lintian.

Regards,

Adam