Re: Request to give back openldap (2.4.28-1.3) on armel and mips

sön 2012-05-27 klockan 06:28 +0200 skrev Mattias Ellert:
> lör 2012-05-26 klockan 12:36 +0200 skrev Julien Cristau:
> > On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 04:26:11 +0200, Mattias Ellert wrote:
> >
> > > The failure om armel is the same that happened for a previous version
> > > (2.4.28-1.1). That version built successfully when given back.
>
> This one completed now. Thank you.

Sorry for mixing things up in my last mail. It was the other way around
- it was the mips build that completed and the armel build that failed.

> > > The mips build failed during make check. Looking at the log I see no
> > > obvious error messages, so I hope this was a temporary issue.

The text below is really about armel...

> This one failed again. But on a different test. Looking closer at the
> logs, they both contain a line lika:
>
> kill: No such process
>
> This makes me suspect that the builds did not actually fail, but rather
> that they ware killed by either some watchdog script or some impatient
> build manager before they were expected to finish.
>
> The first build was killed after 3H29M. A recent successful build on the
> same host (alwyn) completed in 3H39M.
>
> The second build was killed after 13H17M. There have been no recent
> builds on this host (argento), but scaling the build time on this host
> of an older version (7H12M - ver 2.4.23-1) with the ratio of the build
> times of similar versions on a different host (3H4M - ver 2.4.28-1.1,
> 1H38M - ver 2.4.23-5, both in host ancina) gives an estimated build time
> of the current version on this host of 13H31M.
>
> So I would like to ask for it to be given back again - and please don't
> kill the build before it is expected to finish.

Also the third attempt on armel was killed before it had time to
complete. I have now tried to build the package on the armel portedbox
abel.debian.org, and it built without problem there.

Who or what is killing the builds on the armel buildds?

	Mattias