Re: Problem building numpy on armel, armhf, ia64, mips, mipsel

Hello Sandro,

2012/4/11 Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org>:

> I've uploaded numpy moving python-matplotlib from Build-Depends to
> Build-Depends-Indep, and that broke this buildd: armel, armhf, ia64,
> mips, mipsel .
>
> Debugging the issue it seems the aforementioned buildds build the
> package calling
>
>  debian/rules build
>
> which calls both build-arch and build-indep, while all the other arches use
>
>  debian/rules build-arch
>
> Buildds don't install B-D-I so the package FTBFS. The request of
> moving python-matplotlib from B-D to B-D-I was to bootstrap m68k (cfr
> #655014) so I don't know what to do.
>
> Can you please advise?

I have been discussing on IRC this issue and it looks like a package
that FTBFS with older dpkg-dev is serious bug and should be addressed.
OTOH, I understand the attempt to bootstrap Debian and maybe having a
versioned B-D might do, but its a bit weird to have a versioned B-D on
a build-essential package.

Maybe others can offer a better view on this mailing list.

Kind regards,
--