Re: Please give back gcc-mingw-w64 (so it rebuilds using gcc-4.6 4.6.3-12)

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 01:33:16AM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Stephen Kitt <steve@sk2.org> (14/10/2012):
> > Now that gcc-4.6 4.6.3-12 is installed in unstable on all
> > architectures, would it be possible to give gcc-mingw-w64 back on
> > all buildds? This will cause it to be rebuilt using gcc-4.6
> > 4.6.3-12; since the latter's version ends up in the resulting binary
> > packages' versions, a binNMU shouldn't be necessary...
> >
> >   gb gcc-mingw-w64_7 . ALL
> a package which failed to build can be given back. That's really an
> alias for “please give it another chance to build (successfully)”. If
> you want to get a(n already successfully built) package rebuilt
> against a new set of packages, that's where binNMUs come into play.

And if would've been cool if you could send a rationale for why the binNMU is
needed (I simply don't know why one has to recompile against a new gcc, and
there's no bug# reference) to debian-release@lists.d.o (Cc'ed).

(binNMUs migrate automatically if present, hence it's also slightly relevant
for wheezy release management.)

Kind regards
Philipp Kern