Re: binNMUing packages from unstable into experimental

Hi,

Am Montag, den 17.09.2012, 10:45 +0200 schrieb Philipp Kern:
> On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 08:32:23PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > wanna-build however doesn't seem to like a binNMU in experimental if
> > there's no version there already. Anybody knows a workaround?
>
> Please don't. With --extra-depends there is no guarantee that +b<X+1> has
> anything to do with +bX. I'd personally appreciate if source-only uploads could
> be allowed for experimental so that we have reproducible builds instead of
> relying on wanna-build state information and hence also avoid interesting
> versioning constraints wrt unstable and experimental.

so there are two options right now: wb with --extra-depends (btw, is
that documented somewhere?) and a yet to be added hack that wb can
binNMU unstable into experimental and (yet to be enabled) source-only
uploads.

Given that source-only uploads require larger changes to the
infrastructure (arch:all autobuilder, approval and action by the
ftp-team), the former seems to be more likely to be possible in the near
future.

It seems that for the versioning, there is not much we can
automatically. I guess in most cases it is fine if wb just picks the
next unused number. If it turns out that a the newest version is in the
wrong suite then a binNMU in the other fixes that.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner