Re: checking buildd logs

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 05:27:52PM +0100, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> > It's not meant to add links from QA pages to it.
>
> I guess here is the core of misunderstanding: I do not think
> QA pages are for finished things only. Actually I think it has
> no chance to even head in the correct direction without
> input from other Debian Developers, for which some Debian internal
> visibility is needed (which I consider the QA pages to be).
>
> > We would rather see it being integrated properly in the site,
> > which would mean that it's not some user page.  It would also
> > mean that it doesn't run as some user, because they tend to
> > go away.
>
> I'd also prefer it not running as me in the long run, but would
> prefer some easy way to access it and experiment a bit the next
> weeks.

Is there any progress on this?  This should either be moved into
buildd.debian.org or qa.debian.org.  I'd personally prefer the latter,
but I'd understand that rsync'ing either the result or the logs might be
painful.  At least the latter would create more I/O load than the
existing setup.  I wouldn't mind if the qa role account is exported to
grieg.

~brlink is not meant to stay and we will get back to exactly the state
we were in with the buildd status pages.  I won't mind a time-limited
(apache-based) redirect of /~brlink/packages to a new page, though.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern