Re: wanna-build deployment for derivatives?

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 09:19:36PM +0000, Tim Retout wrote:
> On 15 February 2012 16:30, Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> wrote:
> > a related approach
> > here is the sbuild-db branch code in sbuild which is well on the way
> > to providing a much saner/more portable wanna-build implementation. My
> > (admittedly not very well-informed) feeling is that work on this/docs
> > for this will be more fruitful in the medium term in enabling
> > easily-reproducible/configurable buildd setups.
>
> Mmm.  We've paused our work on wanna-build to consider some
> alternatives; I was hoping to reuse some of the web interfaces that
> show wanna-build status.  I'll take a look at the sbuild branch, which
> sounds promising.

I should point out that this is not actually functional /yet/.  It
currently tracks sources and binaries for an arbitrary set of
suites/components/architectures, but does not yet use the information
to actually tell you what needs rebuilding.  It's on my TODO list for
the near term.

One of the principal design goals was to make it easy to set up new
instances by being as generic as possible, so it will not have
dependencies on undocumented Debian infrastructure, and it will be
fully documented.

There are a couple of branches for this code; the most current is
the "db" branch in the main sbuild.git repo.  Note that the user
interface is not yet polished, and the database service name is
hardcoded for the time being.

Regards,
Roger

--