PyPy and its heavy memory requirements

I've got a pypy package in experimental, which won't build on many of
our buildds.

Upstream hasn't ported to hurd, please P-a-s hurd-i386.

There's a high memory requirement. It requires ~2G RAM on 32bit and ~4G
on 64bit.  The reason for this is that it introspects imported Python
modules to generate C. This leads to very unpredictable memory use,
which isn't going to handle being swapped-out well.

On some architectures, we have some buildds that are too small
(according to LDAP). Can it please be blacklisted on:
* zappa (s390x, not s390)
* zemlinsky (s390x, not s390) zemlinksy looks like it had enough RAM a
  few weeks ago (1.7+dfsg-3), but not any more...

If the blacklisting must be done by the individual buildd admin teams,
please let me know.

On some architectures, we have no buildds (listed in LDAP) that are big
enough. I don't know if you'd rather blacklist it on all the current
buildds or block it with P-a-s. The archs are:
* armel
* armhf
* mipsel

We have mips buildds with 1.8G RAM (corelli, lucatelli), that may be
able to handle it. I can reduce the check in debian/rules and see what
happens, once we've blacklisted appropriately for the other
architectures and buildds. Can it be blacklisted on:
* ball
* mayr

All the ia64 buildds should have enough RAM, yet I'm getting timeouts on
caballero and mundy. It builds fine for me on merulo, which has less RAM
than mundy. Are there any other memory-hungry processes on mundy or
caballero?

Please also give back on the archs where there are bigger builders:

 gb pypy_1.7+dfsg-5 . s390x ia64

Sorry for the long e-mail, it's a big, demanding package.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera
  http://tumbleweed.org.za/