Re: openjdk-6

* Kurt Roeckx:

> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 08:33:50PM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
>> * Moritz Mühlenhoff:
>> > Could you please also prevent openjdk-6_6b18-1.8.10-0~lenny2 for
>> > lenny-security on arm, hppa and alpha? We needed to upgrade openjdk
>> > to a more recent JDK, which is incompatible with these archs.
>>
>> Good idea.
>>
>> To clarify, arm & hppa shouldn't even attempt building because the
>> package wasn't released with lenny on those architectures.  Only alpha
>> and ia64 are real regressions.
>
> Should I exclude ia64 too?  I have no idea what the problem is there.

I think so, yes.  It's not very likely that I'll find the time to
address this before lenny is gone.  This time is likely better spent
on bringing IcedTea6 1.10 to squeeze, anyway.

> Looking at alpha, I see that it's failing to find ecj-gcj, which
> was disabled ecj 3.3.0+0728-9, but later enabled again.  Not
> sure why, or what changed.  No idea if it's worth trying to fix it.

Current versions of IcedTea6 1.8 (which Debian calls "OpenJDK",
somewhat incorrectly) can only be bootstraped from GCJ; self-hosting
is not supported.  GCJ was removed on alpha before lenny was released,
so we lost our bootstrap path.