keep-latest for binary packages?

Hi,

can someone remember why we need to run keep-latest on the binary
packages files? According to wanna-build comments, that could be for
the reason that the buildd resolver can't cope with all but the latest
version, and will fail anyways if the latest version doesn't work for
us. AFAICS, this is however only true for direct dependencies,
indirect ones are auto-picked up by apt.

If the above doesn't look too bad, I'd like to remove keep-latest on
the binary package files for the main archive (it's not used anyways
for the other archives).

Andi