Re: checking buildd logs

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 09:40:40PM +0100, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> > Also the results would need to be accessible somewhere. I guess
> > the easiest way would make them available via http at
> > buildd.debian.org/.
> > Could I get write access to some directory served by apache there?
> >
> > Some sample output is currently in
> > http://people.debian.org/~brlink/logcheck/
>
> I've made http://buildd.debian.org/~brlink/ available for now.
> Maybe we should move it to a better place at some point.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough.

The ~brlink/ part if fine while you're developing it.  It's not
meant to add links from QA pages to it.

We would rather see it being integrated properly in the site,
which would mean that it's not some user page.  It would also
mean that it doesn't run as some user, because they tend to
go away.

It could for instance hook into the script that now receives
the logs files, and automaticly scan the log files.  You could
also think about making it mail the pts when a warning is
detected and things like that.

Maybe I should create a symlink from /logcheck to your logcheck
dir for now instead?  But I really would like that to be
temporary, and things like that tend to live longer than they
should.

Kurt