Re: dpkg-buildflags: add some no-effect flags
Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Do you often need to verify if a package supports dpkg-buildflags?
> In what context?
I can think of some:
- wanting to be sure that setting hardening flags on these packages
through the dpkg-buildflags mechanism will actually work;
- guaging whether the mechanism has reached the level of adoption
to warrant inclusion in policy;
- wanting to be able to work around new toolchain changes (think:
-fno-strict-aliasing a couple of years ago);
- wanting different flags on some machines (like Ubuntu's -O3 on ppc,
though I don't understand why);
- generally speaking, wanting DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=noopt,
DEB_CFLAGS_APPEND, etc to work widely. Checking is the obvious way
to make sure it actually happens.
> Yeah, cc-ing email@example.com which might be more relevant.