Re: Request for binNMU globus-core on ia64

mån 2011-05-02 klockan 15:42 +0200 skrev Mattias Ellert:
> sön 2011-05-01 klockan 10:19 +0200 skrev Cyril Brulebois:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Mattias Ellert <mattias.ellert@fysast.uu.se> (01/05/2011):
> > > Some glitch occurred during the build of globus core 5.17-2 on
> > > ia64. The log says:
> > >
> > > syntax error at /dev/null line 1, near "cannot open "
> > > Can't find string terminator "`" anywhere before EOF at /dev/null line 1.
> > …
> > > I therefore request a binNMU of globus-core on ia64.
> >
> > what makes you think it's not going to happen again? Some investigation
> > to determine where the glitch came from would be nice, I guess.
> >
> > Mraw,
> > KiBi.
>
> It did not happen for any of the other architectures.
>
> It did not happen for any previous version of the package for this
> architecture.
>
> I do not have an ia64 system available where I can test this.
>
> 	Mattias

Since I did not get any reply on my last mail, I looked a bit closer at
the log. It looks like the /dev/null device was broken at the build
machine. From the log it looks like /dev/null returns some data when it
is used as input. /dev/null should be a null device that returns nothing
when opened for reading.

The log says:

QUILT_PATCHES=debian/patches \
		quilt --quiltrc /dev/null pop -a -R || test $? = 2
/dev/null: line 1: dpkg:: command not found
/dev/null: line 3: Type: command not found
/dev/null: line 9: unexpected EOF while looking for matching ``'
/dev/null: line 10: syntax error: unexpected end of file

I can replicate these errors locally if I replace /dev/null with a junk
file containing

<!-- start of file "junk" -->
dpkg:

Type

`
<!-- end of file "junk" -->

$ LANG=C QUILT_PATCHES=debian/patches quilt --quiltrc junk pop -a -R || test $? = 2
junk: line 1: dpkg:: command not found
junk: line 3: Type: command not found
junk: line 9: unexpected EOF while looking for matching ``'
junk: line 10: syntax error: unexpected end of file

	Mattias