Re: breaking buildds with new version of sbuild?

On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 07:33:28PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 09:36:33AM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 03, 2011 at 11:34:20PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > > Except the two mipsel buildds here - well, who cares anyways?
> >
> > I generated keys for all buildds on my laptop back then.  But then other
> > people are also approaching me with "hey, I think something broke, can you
> > have a look" instead of insulting me.
> >
> > > I would be happy with going on with 0.60.0 unless there are issues why
> > > we need to use 0.61.0 - and I think I said so in the IRC channel more
> > > than once. That would have saved us as well the issues that we have
> > > with lenny hosts plus buildd-0.61, and also the user env not being
> > > defined anymore. Stability is some value in running a core service.
> >
> > True enough.  There was also a solution for the Lenny hosts that could've
> > been incorporated into the package?  I wonder why that didn't happen.
>
> I'm still not entirely sure what happened here.

Ah, I think I've found it.  It's commit a3e57d6c which explicitly
removes those files.  So all we were missing was transitioning the
chroot configuration to using "script-config=buildd/config".  Which
needs to be done by DSA in puppet?  Or by the buildd admin?  IIRC
there was an issue with doing this in the postinst.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh