Re: Architecture wildcard support in wanna-build

* Kurt Roeckx (kurt@roeckx.be) [100703 19:25]:
> On Sat, Jul 03, 2010 at 06:11:11PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> > If not, is Andres patch sufficient to add support at this time?
> > This is available in #501230 or directly from sbuild.git,
> > commit c6127d36 (attached).  While it's in a different file in
> > the official wanna-build, you can see the patch is fairly simple,
> > so it shouldn't be hard to redo.

> Looking at git, this seems to be in parse_srcdeplist(), which gets
> called in auto_dep_wait().  We don't have auto dependency waiting
> anymore and it has been replaced by edos.  So the question really
> is that edos supports this or not.

We have a couple of different places re that architecture wildcard
support. Edos is one (and recently also the manual depwait resolution
has been replaced by edos); however, for edos, the architectures are
cut out by
  Dpkg::Deps::parse($_[0], ("reduce_arch" => 1, "host_arch" => $_[1]))->dump();
so it boils down whether lenny dpkg supports it (or to install an
appropriate backport on grieg, and change this to work with newer
dpkg).

On the other hand, the QD-replacement also may need to support
architectures. Currently it ignores the architecture from sources in
total, so this shouldn't make any difference. Inside of Pas, the
functions WB::QD::pasignore parses the lines, but this doesn't know
anything about wildcards (which might be nice to change).

Andi