Giving back to a particular buildd

Hi,

the Haskell team maintains (besides a lot of unproblematic) a handful of
package that require a lot of resources (mostly RAM) when building. On
some architectures, these packages can only be built by certain buildds,
while they are failing on others. So far, I have observed buildd admins
just repeatedly giving back packages in question until the “right”
buildd machine picked it up.

Would it be possible to improve this situation? I don’t know that part
of the wanna-build suite (nor any of the sbuild/buildd code), but I
could imagine either
 * a field in the database, optionally specifying for each source
package/arch tuple, the list of buildds that are allowed to take the
source
or
 * a local bit of configuration on the buildd site, listing packages
that _this_ buildd should not build.

Which would fit the general scheme of things better? Does wanna-build
decide who gets to build what, or do the buildds pick their choice of
package? I’d probably try to provide a patch when I’m pointed in the
right direction.

Greetings,
Joachim

--