Re: Mehdi Dogguy: Buildd status pages

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 19.06.2010, 11:55 +0200 schrieb Mehdi Dogguy:
> How about [1]?
>
> [1]
> https://buildd.debian.org/~mehdi/pgstatus/package.php?p=ocaml,ghc6,frama-c,omake,ocaml-batteries&suite=unstable&compact=compact
>
> "good" packages are packages {Built,Installed,Uploaded} everywhere (and
> possibly "uncompiled" on some archs, because they are not "out-of-date"
> there).
>
> It requires some testing… I tested it very lightly.

uh, nice! I like the direction this is heading at. status is becoming a
more and more useful tool!

The numbers in
Filter by status: good bad (5)
could be changed to
Filter by status: good (3) bad (2)
and not change.

Also, the failing reason and dependency problem issues could also
disappear.

And generally for failed and BD-Uninstallable entries in the table, a
hover-effect giving the information directly, without scrolling, would
be very nice on large pages. Such an approach works very nicely on
http://pkg-haskell.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/pet.cgi
where almost any field offers more information upon mouse-over.

Again, these are just suggestions. At the moment, I won’t have the time
to hack that myself, but I might eventually.

A slightly different suggestion, and slightly bigger, but still useful,
would be a JSONish or XMLis interface at least to basic information
(e.g. package ok or not) that could be included in the PTS and on PET
trackers, maybe even using only client-side JS. But

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner