Re: wanna-build state changes by dinstall

* Adam D. Barratt (adam@adam-barratt.org.uk) [100606 14:07]:
> On Sun, 2010-06-06 at 13:12 +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > First, I intended to create a state "known", which is the maximum of
> > installed and needs-build, i.e. for take, failed, attempted, ... it
> > behaves like needs-build, for binNMU it behaves like installed, and it
> > doesn't set packages from needs-build to known unless directed to do
> > so. Which of course means we need to adjust a couple of things, and we
> > need an way to specify "--needs-build". (Then I thought we could use
> > use --binNMU 0 to say "needs-build". That is an ugly hack, but gave me
> > the following thought.)
>
> fwiw, binNMU version 0 is already reserved, to mean "cancel any current
> binNMU and set the package back to Installed".

well, yes, but not from the state "known". ;)

Also, I probably ditched that idea for the one below - and I don't
mind if we need to add a binNMU number if we want to say "please build
this package specifically in testing" even though it transitioned from
unstable without.

Andi