Re: force-confnew (was: Document correct buildd chroot setup somewhere?)

On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 08:36:16PM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> This doesn't mean that we shouldn't fail on obvious bugs in a package.
> I'm just not sure if we should allow bystanding packages that happen
> to be pulled in somewhere (and not being uninstalled/purged) to screw up
> the build process *in a non-deterministic way*.

Except that it's not actually nondeterministic.

Missing build-conflicts are just latent packaging bugs; while we don't
guarantee that they don't exist, having the ability to detect them, even
as a byproduct of some other process, is a good thing, IMHO.

At any rate, there are many ways in which buildd/sbuild can fail. This
is just one of them; and that is why we have a human handling the
output, rather than make it an automated process.

trying to fool the system.